The water tower is regarded as one of the symbols of Dimitrovgrad. The facility was built right after the launch of the Baron Hirsch Railroad (in June 1873) and is one of the town's oldest historical and architectural monuments. The built-up area is 33 sq.m.
The tower was built to serve the water supply of steam locomotives along the Baron Hirsch railway line.
Promoting and developing the natural and cultural heritage of the Bulgarian-Greek cross-border region through smart and electronic instruments - eTOURIST
"This webpage has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of the webpage are sole responsibility of and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union, the participating countries the Managing Authority and the Joint Secretariat".
"The Project is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and by national funds of the countries participating in the Interreg V-A “Greece-Bulgaria 2014-2020” Cooperation Programme."
European UnionThe project is implemented with the financial support of the EU