Scan with our application for additional information.
You can download our application from Google Play
and App Store
Thracian memorial complex. Chapel of Saint Petka of Bulgaria. Monument-symbol "Thrace without Borders"Madzharovo in Haskovo, Bulgaria
Thracian memorial complex with pantheon-ossuary, chapel to Saint Petka of Bulgaria and a monument-symbol "Thrace without Borders", declared a historical monument of local culture. It is built in memory of the Bulgarian refugees who died near the village of Yatadzhik (present-day Madzharovo) in what was the biggest massacre of Bulgarians in Eastern Thrace in 1913. On the initiative of the local Thracian associations, in 1928 a pilgrimage was organized for the first time to the place of their death, which turned into a tradition that remains to this day, and then a search started for the remains of the bodies of the victims collected in a common grave. Later in 1948, a pantheon was built, where the found bones were laid. Its inauguration was attended personally by the voyvode Dimitar Madzharov, who turned back the wheel of time, telling his memories of an eyewitness and direct participant in the tragic events of 1913. The monument-symbol "Thrace without Borders" was subsequently built, and in 1995 the Chapel of Saint Petka of Bulgaria was erected.
Thracian memorial complex with pantheon-ossuary, chapel "St. Petka Bulgarska "and a monument-symbol" Thrace without Borders ", was declared a historical monument of local culture.