The oldest in the territory of Dimitrovgrad Municipality, the Church of Saint George the Victorious in the village of Gorski Izvor was built in 1854. Its frescoes are of high artistic value. It is known that the chief iconographer was Georgi Danchov Lukov (Popgeorgiev) from Chirpan.
The church was designated a monument of culture of national importance in 1964.
Promoting and developing the natural and cultural heritage of the Bulgarian-Greek cross-border region through smart and electronic instruments - eTOURIST
"This webpage has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of the webpage are sole responsibility of and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union, the participating countries the Managing Authority and the Joint Secretariat".
"The Project is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and by national funds of the countries participating in the Interreg V-A “Greece-Bulgaria 2014-2020” Cooperation Programme."
European UnionThe project is implemented with the financial support of the EU