Erected in 1858, it came into existence thanks to the wealth and generosity of Hadji Georgi who was granted permission to build a church in 1856. The entire village participated with voluntary work in its construction. The church is made of stone, with an apse and a gable roof. The icons were created in 1859-1860 by iconographer Nikola Zograf.
An octagonal belfry made of stone stands in the northeastern corner of the churchyard.
Promoting and developing the natural and cultural heritage of the Bulgarian-Greek cross-border region through smart and electronic instruments - eTOURIST
"This webpage has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of the webpage are sole responsibility of and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union, the participating countries the Managing Authority and the Joint Secretariat".
"The Project is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and by national funds of the countries participating in the Interreg V-A “Greece-Bulgaria 2014-2020” Cooperation Programme."
European UnionThe project is implemented with the financial support of the EU